Youth & Family Services
Our vision is that all children, youth and families in Summit County are empowered to lead stable, healthy and successful lives.
Youth and Family Services staff address these needs through facilitation and coordination of programs like Mountain Mentors, Strengthening Families Outreach Program, Communities that Care, Community Playgroups, School-Based and After-School Programming and Youth Development Programs.
Summit County is currently restricting public access to the Youth & Family Services Department in order to reduce COVID-19 transmission.
Please call 970-668-9180 to schedule an appointment. Appointments will be conducted by telephone or in person if needed.
Youth and Family Services houses the coordinator for childcare licensing of homes and centers and
Communities That Care.
Programs and Services
Youth and Family Services includes the following programs and service areas:
- Mountain Mentors: A community-based mentoring program that matches caring adult volunteers with youth ages 8 to 16.
- Communities that Care (formerly Healthy Futures Initiative): A community-wide coalition that promotes healthy lifestyles, free of alcohol and drug misuse.
- Child Care Licensing: Anyone who cares for unrelated children on a regular basis must obtain a child care license.
- Youth Support & Development Programs, such as Activities Run By Youth (ARBY) and Summit Outdoor Adventure Program (SOAP), provide learning experiences for life skills to local youth.
- Family & Parenting Support Programs, such as Strengthening Families Outreach Program and Summit County Community Play Group, offer support, networking and education for parents and their children. Parenting Class Information
- School Based & After School Programs: We offer a number of school-based and after-school programs that teach life skills and encourage healthy lifestyles, including Healthy Choices, Reconnecting Youth and Teen Drop-In "The Drop".
Apply for the 4-H AmeriCorps position and offer youth programming out of the Teen Center this summer 2021.
Interested in working at the Teen Center this summer?