Summit County Short-Term Rental Complaints

To report non-emergency issues concerning a short-term rental (STR) property, contact the STR Helper Hotline online or by phone. Non-emergency issues may include noise, parking violations, occupancy-limit violations, pet issues, feeding wildlife, trash issues or other code violations. 

If you have an emergency, do not call the STR Helper Hotline – call 911.

The STR Helper Hotline is available 24/7 to assist with resolving STR complaints. If you choose to submit your complaint online, you have the option to upload a maximum of three images or videos, up to 10 MB each.

Summit County and the towns of Breckenridge, Dillon and Silverthorne all use the same hotline for any non-emergency short-term rental issues. When you file a complaint through STR Helper, you will receive a case number. STR Helper will contact the Responsible Agent for the specified property. The Responsible Agent will then have 60 minutes to respond and inform STR Helper of the planned resolution. To check on the status of your complaint, call the STR Helper Hotline and provide your case number.

To report short-term rental complaints in the town of Frisco, please call 970-432-8291 or file a complaint online.

File a Formal Complaint

If a Responsible Agent fails to respond to complaints within the required 60-minute timeframe and/or complaints are unresolved, you can file a formal complaint with Summit County via email.

Report an Unregistered STR

To report a suspected unregistered short-term rental property, call 970-668-4185.