Open Space Advisory Council
The Summit County Open Space Advisory Council is an appointed citizen board responsible for making recommendations on land acquisitions and open space and trails management to the Summit County Board of County Commissioners. The council consists of up to 13 members: two representatives from each of Summit County's four planning basins (Upper Blue Basin, Lower Blue Basin, Snake River Basin and Tenmile Basin) and up to five at-large representatives.
- OSAC makes recommendations regarding property acquisitions, open space protection, and the management and maintenance of open space assets, including trails. OSAC and staff recently completed the Open Space and Trails Master Plan, which outlines the department’s priorities and future projects. This plan is a great resource for anyone interested in being an OSAC member.
- OSAC meets the first Wednesday of every month at 5:30pm either virtually or in person at the County Commons in Frisco.
- Occasional site visits are also scheduled throughout the year to review open space properties and management strategies.
- OSAC members shall be appointed for a three-year term, which begins and ends on February 1st of each calendar year.
OSAC is now recruiting SEVEN new members (four At Large, one Lower Blue, one Upper Blue, and one Tenmile representative). Applications for new positions are available now and are due December 29, 2023.
- OSAC members must be a full-time resident of Summit County for at least one year.
- To be a basin representative, OSAC members must live within the boundaries of that particular basin. At large representatives can live anywhere in the County.
- OSAC members cannot be elected County/municipal officials or employed by the County. OSAC members shall also not be members of the Summit County Board of Adjustment, Summit County Countywide Planning Commission, a Summit County Basin Planning Commission, or Summit County Sign Review Commission.
How to apply
- Please submit an application via email to Allison Morton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 29, 2023.
- 2023 OSAC MEMBER APPLICATION
For more information about OSAC or questions about applying, please email or call Allison Morton (email@example.com / 970-668-4213).