Special Event Permits & Fees
NOTICE: All event permitting is being conducted according to local, state, and/or federal COVID-19 orders, regulations, laws, policies, and/or guidelines (collectively, "COVID-19 regulatory requirements"). It is the applicant’s responsibility to understand how all COVID-19 regulatory requirements may impact their event, including restrictions on gathering sizes. Interested applicants should be prepared to provide event plans that meet all COVID-19 regulatory requirements, with the understanding that these requirements are subject to change before or at the time of the event. Applicants are also required to submit a Summit County Physical Distancing Protocol form in addition to the standard permit application. Failure to comply with current COVID-19 regulatory requirements may endanger your ability to host future events.
Interested applicants should thoroughly review all State and Local COVID-19 regulatory requirements prior to submitting an application.
Explanation of Special Event Permit FeesSpecial events impact Summit County facilities, such as the Recpath, natural surface trails and trailheads, as well as displacing or otherwise impacting other users of these facilities. Fees collected cover the costs of staff time administering the permits and help offset the costs and impacts of these events on County resources and facilities.
As outlined in the Fee Schedule, the special event permit fee is based on three criteria which are all added together for a total permit fee:
Application Fee (Table 1): All applicants are required to pay an application fee at time of application to cover staff time associated with initial reviews and referrals.
- Tier 1: $100.00 if the applicant is a tax exempt local non-profit organization or local government.
- Tier 2: $200 for all tax exempt non-profit organizations that did not meet the criteria in Tier 1
- Tier 3: $300 for all other organizations that do not meet Tier 1 or 2 criteria and are a profitable organization
- Tier 1: $.50 per participant for each entry if the applicant is a tax exempt local non-profit organization or local government
- Tier 2: $1.00 per participant for each entry if the applicant is a tax exempt non-profit organization that does not meet the criteria in Tier 1
- Tier 3: $1.50 per participant for each entry for all organizations that do not meet Tier 1 or 2 criteria and for profit businesses