- Community Development
- Open Space & Trails
- Special Event Permits
Special Event Permits & Fees
Any event that expects to use county services (i.e., emergency / ambulance services or law enforcement) or expects to impact any county right-of-way, and has 50 or more participants, is required to complete the enclosed Special Event Permit Application. A special event permit allows for the occurrence of an event for a short duration on property that is the county's responsibility. Examples of special events are community fairs, bicycle or Nordic ski races, and art festivals.
- Event Instructions
- Event Application
- Newspaper Advertisement Form
- Special Event Permit Fees
- Special Event Permit Regulations
A Dillon Reservoir Recreation Area (DRReC) Special Use Application is also available for events that will take place on or will travel across DRReC property. DRReC Events Information.
Explanation of Special Event Permit FeesSpecial events impact Summit County facilities, such as the Recpath, natural surface trails and trailheads, as well as displacing or otherwise impacting other users of these facilities. Fees collected cover the costs of staff time administering the permits and help offset the costs and impacts of these events on County resources and facilities.
As outlined in the Fee Schedule, the special event permit fee is based on three criteria which are all added together for a total permit fee:
Application Fee (Table 1): All applicants are required to pay an application fee at time of application to cover staff time associated with initial reviews and referrals.
- Tier 1: $100.00 if the applicant is a tax exempt local non-profit organization or local government.
- Tier 2: $200 for all tax exempt non-profit organizations that did not meet the criteria in Tier 1
- Tier 3: $300 for all other organizations that do not meet Tier 1 or 2 criteria and are a profitable organization
- Tier 1: $.50 per participant for each entry if the applicant is a tax exempt local non-profit organization or local government
- Tier 2: $1.00 per participant for each entry if the applicant is a tax exempt non-profit organization that does not meet the criteria in Tier 1
- Tier 3: $1.50 per participant for each entry for all organizations that do not meet Tier 1 or 2 criteria and for profit businesses