Online Crime Reporting
ONLINE REPORTING FORM
To help facilitate the process of reporting lost or stolen property, the SCSO has developed an online reporting form for your convenience. This form is intended for lost or stolen property.
*This report should only be used if you have no suspects, leads, or physical evidence associated with your report. If your property was stolen from within your residence, condominium, hotel or vehicle, please call the Summit County 911 Center at (970) 668-8600.
The crime you are reporting must have occurred in unincorporated Summit County in order for you to make the report with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office. If your incident occurred within the boundaries of any town/city located within Summit County, you must file your report with that municipal agency.
• Blue River Marshal – (970) 547-0545
• Breckenridge Police Department – (970) 453-2941
• Dillon Police Department – (970) 468-6078
• Frisco Police Department – (970) 668-3579
• Silverthorne Police Department – (970) 468-5892
This form may also be used to report common fraud schemes. You can find more information about fraud schemes and report them to the Federal Bureau of Investigations through the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
HOW TO FILE AN OFFENSE REPORT
You may file a Criminal Offense Report by simply doing the following:
- Complete the Online Offense Reporting Form in its entirety with as much information as possible. If you do not have all of the required information, you will not be able to complete this process.
- Prior to submitting your Online Crime Report, you will also be provided the option of printing your Online Crime Report.
- You may call the Records Section at (970) 453-2232 in 3-5 business days to receive your assigned case number.
The information that you document within your submitted Online Crime Report is of an official nature and will be processed by the Sheriff’s Office as an official criminal offense report.
ONLINE CRIME REPORTS ARE NOT MONITORED 24/7. FOR IMMEDIATE HELP CONTACT THE SUMMIT COUNTY 911 CENTER.
RESOURCESOnline Offense Reporting Form (submit online with an option to print the report)
Go to Sheriff's Office HOME page