Food Assistance/SNAP Programs

February 2023 is the last month Max Allotment SNAP benefits will be paid. In March and moving forward, you will only receive one payment of your regularly, calculated benefit amount. 

Everything you need to know about your SNAP Benefits today:  and Colorado PEAK for additional resources and information.

The Food Assistance/SNAP Program provides monthly benefits to low-income households in Summit County to assist with the cost of food. 

SNAP IVR Call Center: toll-free at 800-816-445

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

Food Assistance/SNAP Eligibility

You may be eligible for food assistance if you:

  • Are unemployed, work part time or work for low wages 
  • Receive other public assistance payments
  • Are elderly or disabled and live on a fixed, limited income
  • Are homeless.

Only households who are or have children that are U.S. citizens and/or legal permanent residents are eligible for Food Assistance.

Applying For Food Assistance/SNAP

English and Spanish applications are available at Summit County Human Services. We are located in the Summit County Medical Office Building, 360 Peak One Drive, Suite 230, Frisco, Colorado.  Call 970-668-9160 or email questions.


You can apply online through the State of Colorado's Program Eligibility and Application Kit (PEAK). Or bring a completed application to your scheduled or walk-in appointment in our office.  Food Assistance/SNAP Application      Food Assistance/SNAP Application Spanish


Documents to bring to our office that may expedite processing of your application include:

  • Proof of identity (driver’s license, ID card, resident card, U.S. passport)
  • Proof of citizenship (U.S. passport, birth certificate or Permanent Resident Card)
  • Social Security numbers for all household members
  • Proof of income (pay stubs, letter from employer)
  • Proof of any non-work income (unemployment, child support payments, etc.)

Benefits Timeline

Food assistance/SNAP applications will be processed within 30 days from the date our office receives your application. Households that meet expedited criteria may receive food assistance/SNAP benefits within seven days from the date of their application.


These benefits are deposited monthly onto an EBT card.  How To Use Your EBT Card Brochure   Folleto de cómo usar su tarjeta EBT de Colorado

 A current Food Assistance/SNAP FAQ can be found at:  

City Market Online Purchasing

Amazon Online Grocery Ordering

EBT Card Protection Video:

What is P-EBT?

The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is a federal program created to provide additional funds for families to buy food when schools were closed or on a remote or hybrid learning model due to COVID-19. 

UPDATE (May 26, 2021) — P-EBT for the 2020-21 school year has been approved for Colorado. To receive the benefit, families must either qualify automatically for free or reduced-price school meals through SNAP or other federal programs, or have filled out a free or reduced-price school meal application through their school before the end of the school year. P-EBT benefits are now being processed and prepared for mailing. Further updates will be shared on our website, on CDHS social media channels, and through our community partners. Updates will also be communicated through Colorado schools and school districts.

  • When schools were closed for the 2019-2020 school year, P-EBT benefits supported healthy and wholesome meals for 180,026 children who would typically have received free or reduced-price school meals last spring.
  • P-EBT funds may be available on a P-EBT or SNAP EBT card. You can learn more about eligible food purchases here.
  • Using P-EBT does NOT impact you or your child’s immigration status. The public charge rule does NOT apply to P-EBT funds. 
  • You can use P-EBT funds and also get food from grab and go school meal sites.

The P-EBT Support Call Center is now live: the Support Center will be able to answer questions on P-EBT eligibility, benefits, and card issuance/replacements. Call 1-800-536-5298 with any general questions about P-EBT. You can also email with your P-EBT questions. For more information, visit

Using EBT Cards in Other States

You can use your EBT card in any grocery store or retail location anywhere in the United States that has been authorized by the USDA Food & Nutrition Service and displays the Quest logo.

Only Wyoming uses a different EBT card, called Smartcards. If you need to use your EBT card in Wyoming, do so at the larger chain stores that have their own equipment to process both types of EBT cards.

Colorado EBT Card use is restricted in many states and metropolitan areas. Information for pre-approval is here
Card Clone Notice           Tarjeta, Clonada, Avisó

Checking the Balance of an EBT Card

The easiest way to know your account balance is to keep your receipts. If you don't have your receipts, you may check your balance online at ebtEDGE.

You can also call Customer Service at 1-888-328-2656 or 1-800-659-2656 (TTY). You are only allowed 10 balance inquiry phone calls per calendar month. You may also insert your EBT card into an ATM machine to check your balance.

What you Can and Cannot Purchase with SNAP



thly Carryover of Benefits

Any benefits left at the end of the month in your Food Assistance/SNAP EBT account will be carried over into the next month. Any benefits not used will be removed from the card 365 days from the last time the card was used or 365 days from the last time benefits were posted, whichever is later.

Lost or Stolen EBT Cards

If your EBT card is lost or stolen, call Customer Service toll free at 1-888-328-2656 or 1-800-659-2656 (TTY) to report it missing. Then come into Summit County Division of Health and Human Services to obtain a replacement card.  After four card replacements in twelve months, the county cannot issue another card.  Colorado EBT Card Replacement Notice     Aviso de reemplazo de la tarjeta EBT de Colorado 


Reporting Food Assistance/SNAP Fraud

To report fraud, please contact us at 970-668-9717.