Summit Cove Loop Project Blog

Updates on construction, project milestones, public meetings and opportunities for input.

Sign up to receive Summit Cove Loop Blog posts via email.

Mar 22

[ARCHIVED] The STR Permit Application is Now Available (with working links)

The original item was published from March 22, 2019 4:14 PM to March 22, 2019 4:33 PM

The Summit County short-term vacation rental (STR) permit application is now available online. If you own property within unincorporated Summit County and intend to rent it for periods of less than 30 consecutive days, you are required to apply for an STR Permit.

The permit application deadline is June 1, 2019.
Beginning June 30, 2019, any STR operating without a permit will be considered in violation of the Summit County Code. All STR permits issued in 2019 will be valid through Sept. 30, 2020, with annual renewal required by Sept. 30 of each year.

Visit the STR webpage.
Visit the new STR webpage to apply for an STR permit online and to find information about the permit application process, STR taxes, STR regulations and the complaint management system. Visit the STR permit application page for a full list of the information you need to have on hand when filling out the application.

A few permit application tips
  • The online permit application works best using Chrome or FireFox web browsers.
  • The application should only take about 20 minutes to complete, once you have gathered all the required information. 
  • If you do not plan to finish the application in one sitting, please note that there is not a “save” button. In order for the permitting system to save your application so you can come back to it later, you will need to fill out the “License Details” page in its entirety and press “Continue.”
Complaint management system:
The complaint management system is now available 24/7 to assist with resolving STR complaints. Complaints can be submitted online or by calling the STR Helper Hotline: 970-368-2044. 

More info:
For more information, visit, email us or call 970-668-4185.