Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. the community is invited to enjoy a celebratory motorcade procession to honor the Class of 2020.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 18, 2020
Contact: Erin Opsahl
SUMMIT COUNTY SENIOR CLASS OF 2020 PROCESSION DETAILS
SUMMIT COUNTY, CO – On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. the community is invited to enjoy a celebratory motorcade procession to honor the Class of 2020. High School Seniors from Summit High School, Snowy Peaks and The Peak School will travel down Breckenridge Main Street following the traditional parade route. North and South Main Street will be closed for this event. Colorado Highway 9 will remain open during this time. This will be an unprecedented event hosted by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office and Town of Breckenridge in collaboration with all local governments and public safety agencies, Summit School District and Breckenridge Restaurant Association.
• Only registered participants will be allowed to participate in the motorcade.
• Participant student check-in and staging will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the North Gondola Parking Lot. Check-in will close at 2:45 p.m., as the procession will commence at 3:00 p.m.
• Parents and/or guardians are encouraged to be the designated driver so that graduates being celebrated in the procession may wave and participate safely.
• The motorcade will start at North French and North Main Street and continue traveling South down Breckenridge Main Street, turning right onto South Park Ave and proceeding through the Tiger Dredge Parking Lot, where the motorcade will conclude.
• Listen to local Krystal Media Stations and Always Mountain Time channels for event information.
• Spectator vehicle parking will be provided along Breckenridge Main Street and will be available from 1:00 p.m. until 2:45 p.m., with the procession commencing at 3:00 p.m.
• Spectators must access spectator parking by entering South Main Street from South Park Ave. and follow the directions of the Police Officers.
• Once parked, spectators must remain parked throughout the duration of the motorcade.
• Spectators must remain in their vehicles at all times.
• Public restrooms will be open for spectators.
• The last parade vehicle will be a Breckenridge Police vehicle. After it passes, Police Officers will assist spectators with leaving their parked locations. Follow the directions of the Police Officer. No U-turns will be permitted.
Restaurant Food Delivery to Your Vehicle Options
• Over 15 local Breckenridge restaurants will be participating by offering a take-out menu and delivery to spectator vehicles.
Krystal 93 Live Virtual Participation
• Live broadcast begins at 3:00 p.m. on Krystal 93 (93.9) and simulcast on Krystal Media Stations 93.1 and 103.3 and also livestreamed on Krystal93.com.
• Watch the live broadcast on Krystal 93 YouTube Channel and Krystal 93 Facebook Page.
KSMT Pre and Post Celebration Playlist
• Listen in to KSMT “The Mountain” featuring songs that the seniors have selected for the two hours before the parade starts from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
• The playlist will also be replayed on Saturday, May 23 between 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
It is vital to the success of this event and the health and safety of all that both spectators and participants follow event rules and stay compliant with current Public Health Orders and Colorado Department of Education guidance. Law enforcement and Motorcade Officials will be monitoring the participant and spectator guidelines and rules throughout the procession. Failure to comply may result in your removal from the event.